Menu
All Collections

Farleigh Hospice, Chelmsford

About this Collection

Thank you for choosing to support Farleigh Hospice and for your interest in the Christmas tree collection. 2020 was the sixth year of collecting trees for the volunteers at Farleigh Hospice and the scheme has grown massively since it's first collection in 2015 when it collected 450 trees and raised £3,700. All of the trees were chipped and completely recycled, either used as bio-mass fuel or in local parks as pathways.

This year from the 11th - 12th January 2020 the volunteers collected more than 3,500 trees and with the generous donations from supporters the monies raised is a staggering £37,665.21 (including Gift Aid and after costs). 90% of the monies raised go to the hospice and the remaining 10% is going to the International Lions Club of Chelmsford. 

We are so very grateful to all the individuals, Companies and Community Groups that support us. Without them our Christmas tree collection simply could not happy.  A big thank you to:

Bakers of Danbury Ltd, Braintree District Council, Burnham Rugby Club, Burnham Town Council, Chandlers Material Supplies, Chelmsford City Council, Chelmsford Lions, Chelmsford Van Hire, Church of the Latter Day Saints, D.M Dixon and Sons, DF Clark, Essex Highways, General's Farm, Heybridge Swifts, Icex Ltd, Just Wheels Car and Van Hire, Line Out UK, Maldon District Council, Mr O’s Removals, Reliable Removals, Secret Hamper, The Duck Truck Essex, The Limes, Witham Town Council, Unique Moves Removals, Westex.

For further information or would like to volunteer your time to help with the collection for January 2021, please contact the Fundraising department on tel: 01245 457411 or email treecollection@farleighhospice.org


About the Hospice

For over three decades, Farleigh Hospice has been providing care for anyone affected by a life-limiting illness or bereavement throughout mid Essex. We help people to live as actively as possible by providing physical and emotional care, free of charge. We support people affected by any life-limiting illness, including lung disease, neurological conditions, heart failure and cancer.

Whether you are ill, bereaved, or worried about someone who is, Farleigh Hospice is here for you.

Follow our latest news and stories on InstagramTwitter and on Facebook.


Image Gallery


Sponsors and Supporters


Charities