All Collections

Hospice at Home Carlisle & North Lakeland

About this Collection

Hospice at Home would like to thank the many businesses, volunteers and organisations who helped with the Christmas Tree Collection on the 8th January after collecting and recycling more than 1,137 real Christmas trees across north Cumbria.

The funds raised from this event will enable the hospice to provide vital care for patients at the end stages of life, who wish to receive support in the familiar surroundings of their own home.

The Christmas tree collection took place across the Carlisle, Brampton, Wigton, Penrith and Keswick areas and Hospice at Home are hoping to expand the collection catchment area in the future. 

Your generous donation means so much and will enable the hospice to provide vital care to patients, families and carers during a very difficult time.

After costs and including Gift Aid, the collection has raised £12,368.25. 90% of the monies raised will go to the hospice and the remaining 10% will go to local charities including The Lions of Keswick and The Lions of Penrith.

For queries or further information about the Christmas tree collection please contact Cath Coates in the fundraising department on 01768 210719 or email 

About the Hospice

Hospice at Home Carlisle and North Lakeland is a local charity which nurses and cares for patients who choose to remain in their own home at the end stages of life. All care is provided free of charge. The service covers 1500 square miles from the Scottish Border to Stainmore and Allonby to Alston. The clinical team care for and nurse approximately 780 patients each year also supporting their families and carers.

The charity is vital and needs to raise £18,000 each week to continue to provide this service.

The charity’s aim has always been to provide a peaceful and dignified death for every patient at home, whilst also supporting their families and carers. This is at the heart of our service and will always remain so.

For further information visit:

Follow our latest news and stories on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn

Image Gallery

Sponsors and Supporters