Menu
All Collections

Hospiscare, Devon

About this Collection

Thank you for your support with the Christmas tree collection 2020. This year the wonderful team of volunteers including volunteers from Exeter University collected and recycled over 800 real Christmas trees over the weekend from the 11th to the 17th January 2020.

The trees were recycled into chippings which will be used on local rights of way and offered to local schools.

Hospiscare needs to raise £8m each year in order to deliver its services across our area – and only 15% of this is funded by an NHS grant.  They need to raise the rest through the kind generosity of our local community in order to provide specialised care to people who have been diagnosed with a terminal illness. The Christmas tree collection 2020 has raised £8,363.19 (including Gift Aid and after costs) 90% of the monies raised is going to Hospiscare and the remaining 10%, £836.32 is going to their local nominated charity Ottery St Mary League of Friends.

If you have any queries about the collection or would like to get involved please contact the fundraising department on tel: 01392 688020 or email fundraising@hospiscare.co.uk.


About the Hospice

Hospiscare is a local charity that delivers adult end of life care to people across Exeter, Mid and East Devon.

Dying is an important part of living and every day matters to people approaching the end of their lives.  Hospiscare delivers specialist care via a ward at Searle House, Exeter alongside day hospice care at three sites, Exeter, Honiton and Tiverton.  Community nurse teams and Hospiscare@Home teams deliver expert treatment, care and support to patients and their families in their homes, community hospitals and care homes.

As a charity, all these services are reinforced by the extraordinary efforts of volunteers, and are funded by the generosity of the local communities in Exeter, Mid and East Devon.

Follow our latest news and stories on InstagramTwitter and on Facebook or visit our website.


Image Gallery


Sponsors and Supporters


Charities