Menu
All Collections

St John's Hospice, Lancaster

About this Collection

Thank you for your interest in the Christmas tree collection.

Once again the collection in aid of St John's Hospice was a massive success and it is thanks to the volunteers and local businesses who venture out year after year to help collect and recycle the Christmas trees which make it such a success.

This year between between Thursday 9th and Sunday 12th January 2020, more than 2,378 trees were collected which has raised a whopping £22,496.65 (including Gift Aid and after costs). 90% of the monies raised will go to St John's Hospice and the remaining 10% will go to local charities.

if you would like to get involved to help with the collection later this year and in January 2021, please send an email to trees@sjhospice.org.uk or you can call 01524 382538 during office hours.

 


About the Hospice

St John’s Hospice treat people with life shortening illnesses and provide four clinical services: an inpatient ward, hospice at home team, clinical nurse and a day therapy centre.  We also offer many other services such as bereavement support, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and social workers. Together these provide wrap care around patients, their families and carers. 

It costs £14,077 per day to keep St John's open. The NHS contribute around one third of this, leaving us to raise over £9,000 every day this year in order to continue to care for patients and their families.
Our team will be working throughout this Christmas and New Year providing care, compassion and support from Grasmere to Garstang, from Sedbergh to Morecambe at home and in the hospice.

The Christmas Tree Collection really helps to raise these much needed funds. We have many supporters and local businesses who help us with this project including EDF, Amey, ENWL, CATS, Dennis Rowlandson, MR Tree Surgery, Barden Biomass and many other generous individuals.

Follow our latest news and stories on InstagramTwitter and on Facebook.


Image Gallery


Sponsors and Supporters


Charities