All Collections

St Joseph's Hospice, Thornton

About this Collection

Thank you for choosing to support St Joseph's Hospice and for your interest in the Christmas tree collection. 

The wonderful volunteers collected and recycled over 467 real Christmas trees from the 11th - 12th January 2020. 

It is thanks to your kind donations that the event has raised approximately £5,217.00 (including Gift Aid and after costs) and 90% of the monies raised will go to the hospice and the remaining 10% will go to other local charities.

For further information about the Christmas tree collection or if you would like to volunteer to help, please call Zoe Furnvial in Fundraising on 0151 932 6035  or email

About the Hospice

St. Joseph’s Hospice (Jospice) is the oldest and largest hospice on Merseyside, providing specialised end of life care for patients with a wide range of life-limiting conditions. The hospice needs to raise £8,750 every day to keep its services running.

The hospice’s 29-bed Inpatient Unit is located in a beautiful setting within a conservation area and 12 acres of natural woodland in Thornton, Merseyside.

The hospice’s specialist healthcare teams care for over 200 patients and their families from across Liverpool, Knowsley, Sefton and West Lancashire every year

Image Gallery

Sponsors and Supporters