All Collections

St Mary's Hospice, Ulverston

About this Collection

Our Christmas Tree collection would not be possible without the brilliant support of local businesses and our amazing volunteers. 2019’s collection saw 14 different companies and 40 volunteers come together and work as a team to collect and recycle the registered trees and the 2020 collection was a huge success again with so many volunteers helping to collect and recycle the trees between the 5th and 6th January.

This year, the grand total of trees collected was over 492 and thanks to your wonderful generosity and donations this has raised £5,494.17 (after costs and including Gift Aid). 90% of the monies raised will go to St Mary's Hospice and the remaining 10% will go to Mind in Furness

If you would like to volunteer your time to help with 2020’s collection please see get in touch with Clare Paling in Fundraising on tel. 01229 580305 or email

About the Hospice

Supporter Hannah’s mum passed away in May 2018.

She says “Losing my mum has been awful. 

She was only 56 years old, and the time from diagnosis to her death was only 9 months. But without St Mary’s Hospice things would have been much worse. I don’t think you fully appreciate the depth of service the hospice provides unless you going through a similarly horrible experience to the one we’ve been through. It’s changed my perception of what a hospice does, and why it is so important, forever.”

St Mary’s Hospice provides care and comfort for patients living with any life-shortening illness or long term condition and their family. We support people from the moment of diagnosis and their families for longer.

We offer a range of services led by a multi-professional team, on-site in our Inpatient Unit, and out in the community with our Hospice at Home team, Living Well Centre and Living Well Programme. Our services are free of charge to our community but they are not free to provide. That’s why we need your help.

Follow our latest news and stories on InstagramTwitter and on Facebook.

Image Gallery

Sponsors and Supporters