All Collections

The Hospice of St Francis, Berkhamstead

About this Collection

Thank you for your support with the third Christmas tree collection in aid of the Hospice of St Francis. 

Once again, the collection has been extremely successful and much of this is due with grateful thanks to the amazing volunteers, supporter including the Harpenden and St Albans Lions Clubs, the Rotary Club of Hemel Hempstead and Veolia Environmental Services.

This year the final number of trees collected was in excess of 1,032 which was just amazing and this has generated a grand total of £12,632.28 (after costs and including Gift Aid). 90% of which will go to the hospice and the remaining 10% is split across four local charities including the Harpenden Lions, The St Albans Lions, the Rotary Club of Hemel Hempstead and 7 Dwarves Rugby Club.

Everything we do at The Hospice of St Francis is provided completely free of charge, but it costs over £5 million a year to run. Your generosity today will have a huge impact on the care and support we’re able to offer to patients and their families throughout 2020 and beyond. Thank you.

If you have any questions about the collection or our work please get in touch with Lucy Hume in Fundraising by email

About the Hospice

In 2019 The Hospice of St Francis celebrated 40 years of care. We are so grateful to our amazing community who have helped build and support us over the 40 years. Now as we enter 2020 we are looking to the next 40 years and beyond.

We are determined to continue to provide an outstanding level of care to those living with a life-limiting illness and their loved ones, whether that is on our In Patient Unit, out in the community in people’s homes or via our health and well being hub the Spring Centre. We believe that every life is precious, with your support we can make sure that everyone is able to live their precious lives well.

Follow our latest news and stories on InstagramTwitter and on Facebook.

Image Gallery

Sponsors and Supporters