All Collections

The Prince of Wales Hospice, Pontefract

About this Collection

The 2020 collection was the third Christmas tree collection in aid of The Prince of Wales Hospice and it was a tree-mendous success and thanks to your generous support and donations, the collection has raised £5,299.29 (after costs and including Gift Aid). 90% of the monies raised will go to the hospice and the remaining 10% will be donated to the local charity Meals and More.

With thanks to our incredibly supportive community we are able to continue to offer around the clock support and care for our patients and their families at The Prince of Wales Hospice. 

The collection couldn’t have run without the generous support of the fantastic volunteers including S & D Landscapes, Brakes, RWE and Keltbray.

For further information or if you would like to get involved and help with the collection, please get in touch with the Fundraising Office on tel. 01977 781487 or by email

About the Hospice

The Prince of Wales Hospice has been providing care to people with a life-limiting illness since 1989. Our services are available to any adult from the Five Towns area of West Yorkshire.

We care for patients with any life-limiting illness, including cancer, motor neurone disease and chronic heart and lung disease. We care for anyone over the age of 18, either as a visiting out-patient, or on our ward where we offer 24-hour specialist care. Our Hospice helps people live better with their illness, with over half who stay with us eventually returning home. Many choose the safety and dignity of our Hospice for care at the end of their life.
Our care also extends to the carers and families of our patients, who often need us just as much.  As a healthcare service, we are regularly inspected by the Care Quality Commission.

We provide our care free of charge and entirely based on need, but only about a 25% of the cost is covered by the NHS. This means we have to raise over £3m a year through our shops, fundraising events, donations and fundraising initiatives in our communities. Of every £1 donated, 87p is spent directly on patient care and 13p is invested in raising more funds.

Please help us to continue making a difference

Follow our latest news and stories on Twitter and on Facebook.

Image Gallery

Sponsors and Supporters