All Collections

Wirral Hospice St John's, Wirral

About this Collection

Thank you for your interest in the Christmas tree collection in aid of Wirral Hospice St John's.  This year was a fantastic collection with more than 3003 trees collected and recycled in the Wirral area between Friday 10th and Tuesday 14th January. The volunteers did a fantastic job and the whole event has generated a massive £32,881.12 (after costs and including Gift Aid). 90% of the monies raised will go to the hospice and the remaining 10% has been donated to the Wirral Lions.

Following our huge success last year in which we increased the number of trees and value of donations received from the previous year, PLEASE help us to reach our challenge of doubling those figures this year!

The Hospice are extremely grateful to everyone who donated and too all  the supporters including:

  • Allan Morris Transport
  • B&M
  • BVH
  • Carsons Tree Services
  • Claremont Farm
  • Continental Landscapes
  • Don’t be Stumped
  • EMS
  • Firtree Landscapes
  • HJA Fencing & Landscaping
  • Hoist UK Ltd
  • Karl D Williams & Sons Tree Care Specialists
  • Ness Village Hall
  • Oldershaw Rugby Club
  • Phoenix Masonic Lodge
  • S2S Gardening Services
  • SP Energy
  • W K Arboriculture
  • West Wallasey Van Hire
  • Willaston Community Farm
  • Wirral Country Park
  • Wirral Lions

For queries or further information about the Christmas tree collection please contact Elaine Connell by email: or Teresa Nightingale by email: or Tel: 0151 343 0778 or 0151 334 2778

About the Hospice

Welcome to Wirral Hospice St John’s, a Hospice for adults that provides free care and support to patients with life-limiting illnesses including cancer, heart, liver and kidney disease, respiratory and neurological conditions.

We provide care across a number of settings including our 16-bed Inpatient Ward, Outpatient Clinics, Day Therapy unit and our Hospice at Home service.

We also provide care and support for carers and loved ones: families are at the heart of everything we do here at Wirral Hospice St John’s.

It costs in the region of £4 million a year to run the Hospice, some of which is funded by NHS grants but the majority is donated by individuals, community groups, local companies and charitable trusts.

Every penny counts and we can only continue to provide our specialist palliative care and support with your help. Thank you

Follow our latest news and stories on InstagramTwitter and on Facebook.

Image Gallery

Sponsors and Supporters