Menu
All Collections

Nottinghamshire Hospice, Nottingham

About this Collection

2019 was the first year for Nottinghamshire Hospice to run a Christmas tree collection which was a huge success. They collected 445 trees on the weekend of the 7 - 9 January which raised £4,342.23*

Nottinghamshire Hospice has teamed up with fellow Nottingham company Streetwise Environmental to collect trees which were then put through a woodchipper for recycling as well as being reused on local parks.  

90% of the monies raised will go to Nottinghamshire Hospice and the remaining 10% will go to local charities.

For further information about the next Christmas tree collection or if you would like to get involved, please contact us on 0115 910 1008 or email fundraising@nottshospice.org

 

*After operating costs and including Gift Aid


About the Hospice

Founded in 1980, Nottinghamshire Hospice is a community-based palliative care centre which provides high quality care services to adults who have terminal and life-limiting illnesses, and their families and carers. We are regulated by the Care Quality Commission and all our services are delivered and based on individual patient needs: it is a way of caring for people.

We aim to add life to days for people that have been told that their illness cannot be cured. We help people who are thought to be in the last year of their life to live as actively and well as possible with care that puts the highest value on dignity, choice and respect.

The help and care our services provide to patients, and their loved ones, is holistic. We offer compassionate nursing care to help meet physical needs, social support to help tackle loneliness or isolation and counselling and chaplaincy to support spiritual needs.

Each year we need to raise £3 million to be able to deliver our current services which means we are reliant on the wonderful support of our local community.

Terminal and life-limiting illness can affect any family at any time. We want our local communities to continue to be able to live well and, with our support, die well. We want people to be assured that, if they or their family are affected, Nottinghamshire Hospice will be there to support them.

Follow our latest news and stories on InstagramTwitter and on Facebook.


Image Gallery


Sponsors and Supporters


Charities