All Collections

Derian House Children's Hospice, Chorley

About this Collection

2019 was the first year for the Christmas tree collection for Derian House. The collected 185 trees and raised £2,143.06.*

The trees were collected and taken to Fox Timber Ltd where they will be processed them to make Fox Blocks (re-cycled tree blocks) to sell at their outlets. 

Of the monies raised 90% is donated to the hospice, £1,928.75 and the remaining 10% £214.31 will go to the local charity The Chorley Well Women’s Centre.

Chorley Women's Centre is an independent organisation run by volunteers dedicated to supporting women of all ages and circumstances. Volunteers are warm, friendly, approachable and fully trained. Their volunteers are trained in supportive listening and can provide information on many topics. The need for confidentiality and privacy are always respected. If they can't help, they will be able to find out who can.

For queries or further information about the Christmas tree collection please contact Judy Miller or Kevin Bedford in the fundraising department on tel. 01257 271271 or email  or


*After operating costs and including Gift Aid.

About the Hospice

At Derian House we help children and young people, whose lives are too short, to make happy memories in an environment of fun, respect and above all, high quality care.

We provide respite and end-of-life care to more than 300 children and young people across the North West. We do this 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We never close to those who need us.

Our ethos is to make sure that every child and young person who comes to Derian is able to make the very most of the time they have.

The hospice has a hydrotherapy pool, sensory room, soft play, large inclusive playground suitable for wheelchair-users, and a sensory garden full of the sights, smells and textures of nature.

We also have regular visits from a music therapist and Shuna, our pet therapy dog. Our staff lead frequent trips to the zoo, seaside, local parks, and other days out following the interests of the children.

At Derian the whole family is offered a framework of support; with support for siblings, a grandparents bereavement group, and counselling sessions for families for as long as they need it.

Despite the nature of our work, Derian House is not a sad place; our corridors are full of joy and laughter as we do everything in our power to make sure our children and their families make precious memories together.

For further information visit our website or follow our latest news and stories on InstagramTwitter and on Facebook.

Image Gallery

Sponsors and Supporters