All Collections

Dr Kershaw's Hospice, Oldham

About this Collection

2018 Christmas tree collection has raised £662.56.*

A donation for £66.26 has also been sent to Andy's Man Club. The charity supports men with their mental health in Oldham. 

The volunteers collected 56 Christmas trees and monies raised will help the hospice to get closer to the £2 million raised every year by the people of Oldham to enable us to deliver the very highest quality care for those with life-limiting illnesses. 90% of the monies raised will go to Dr Kershaw's Hospice and the remaining 10% will be donated to a local charity.

For further information about the Christmas tree collection or if you would like to volunteer to help, please call us on 0161 624 9984 or email the fundraising team on


* After operating costs and including Gift Aid.

About the Hospice

Dr Kershaw’s Hospice provides a range of services tailored to those within the community living with life-limiting illness, along with their families.

Our inpatient unit can accommodate up to 12 patients at any one time. The medical and nursing staff are experienced in palliative medicine and are supported by a Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) of specialist nurses, allied health professionals, social workers, spiritual leaders and bereavement support workers who assist in providing a seamless service for patients across hospital, community and hospice boundaries. This multi-disciplinary approach allows the palliative care team to address the physical, emotional, spiritual and social concerns that arise with advanced illness.

Dr Kershaw's also operates a Hospice at Home service which provides patients and their families with the appropriate level of additional care required, to ensure the patient has the support they need to remain in their own home if this is their preferred place of care and to prevent any unnecessary admissions to the hospital.

The Hospice is also proud to be supporting and delivering a new lymphoedema service in partnership with Pennine Care.

We are also able to offer Physiotherapy, Complimentary Therapy, Pastoral and Spirtual Support. 

For up-to-date news about Dr Kershaw's please follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.

Image Gallery

Sponsors and Supporters