About this Collection
2019 was another successful year for St John's Hospice who collected and recycled over 2,000 Christmas trees on the weekend of the 11 - 13 January which has raised a grand total of £22,427.13*
Of the monies raised 90% will go to St John's Hospice and the remaining 10% will go to the following local charities:
- Morecambe Bay Food Bank
- North West Blood Bikes Lancashire & Lakes
- Animal Care
- MNDA North Lancashire & South Cumbria
- Parkinson's Disease Society - Lancaster and Morecambe support Group
- Londsdale Scouts
- 35th Lancaster Scout Group
- Halton Scout Group
- 3rd Morecambe Scout Group
- 13th Lancaster Scout Group
- Centurion with Westgate Scout Group
- 1st Carnforth
- 34th Lancaster Scout Group
- Westgate Scout Group
- 16th Lancaster Scout Group
For further information or if you would like to get involved with the next Christmas tree collection please email email@example.com or call 01524 382538 during office hours.
* After operating costs and including Gift Aid
About the Hospice
St John’s hospice has touched so many people’s lives within our community. For over 30 years the doors to St John’s have never closed – day or night. We have provided hands-on nursing care for local people facing the most challenging time of their lives, we have supported their families and friends and we have walked alongside them during their bereavement journey for as long as they have needed us.
However, we could not have done it without the amazing support from the community. We still receive only one third of our funding from statutory sources so we still rely on people to help us to provide support, care and hope for people in our community when they need it most; and remember we are a truly LOCAL charity, every penny raised here, is spent here.