All Collections

St Luke's Cheshire Hospice, Winsford

About this Collection

The volunteers collected over 2,463 Christmas trees from the 10 - 13 January which raised an amazing £27,097.89*

St Luke’s Hospice Christmas tree collection brings together local organisations such as Round Table, Rotary, Corporates, Scout and sports Groups  and hospice staff and volunteers. Together, our collectors and chipping and shredding teams work tirelessly over a four day a period to collect many thousands of trees for a donation    The chippings are used in various ways but mainly to create paths and bedding. The whole purpose is to raise vital funds and to be environmentally green at the same time.

Thank you for your support and involvement in the St Luke’s Hospice Christmas tree collection. St Luke’s Hospice need to raise nearly £9,000 per day to continue to offer our amazing work in the community. 90% of the monies raised will go to St Luke's Hospice with the remaining 10% going to local charities.

Local charities benefiting from monies raised are as follows:

  • Children's Adventure Farm - £500 (as nominated by volunteers from SP Energy)
  • Tarporley Cottage Hospital - £400 (as nomimated by Tarporley Rotarians)
  • Tarporley Parish Council (for new benches)- £300
  • Holmes Chapel Scouts - £300
  • Cheshire Forest Guides Pettypool - £300
  • Sandbach Food Bank - £200
  • Petty Pool Trust - £100

Monies (£609) nominated to Northwich Round Table and Middlewich Round Table wished for their donations to go to St Luke's Hospice.

For further information about the Christmas tree collection or to get involved next year please contact Jane Thompson on tel: 01606 555688 or by email


* After operating costs and including Gift Aid. 

About the Hospice

St Luke’s is not just a building – it’s a group of staff, volunteers, and supporters who work together to provide exceptional end of life care to patients and support to their families.

We provide this care to people living in Mid and South Cheshire, and because we believe the end of life deserves as much beauty, care and respect as the beginning, everything we do is provided free of charge.

We offer a personalised approach to illness and care for patients around the clock, which means we have to raise over £3 million a year to do what we do. Our approach to care stretches beyond nursing and medication; it includes, counselling, family support, therapies to calm and relax, it incorporates specialist and high quality food and nutrition and often a fragrant bubble bath, a fluffy dressing gown perhaps with the odd glass of ‘something nice’ where appropriate.  Nothing we do is too much trouble and the patient and their family are the centre of our world.

Follow our latest news and stories on Twitter and on Facebook.

Image Gallery

Sponsors and Supporters