Working with Trinity Hospice to Help Patients

Who better to explain the benefits of working with JustHelping to fundraise for your local hospice than the amazing people at Trinity Hospice? They reveal the how, the what and the amazing amounts raised, in their own words.

Trinity Hospice is an incredible place, focusing on expert palliative care to ensure patients experience relief from symptoms, as well as improve quality of life, whatever stage of the journey.’

They have been working with us at JustHelping since 2018 to fundraise for the vital services they provide in their local community.

Trinity Hospice Corporate Partnerships Manager, Janet Atkins says: “JustHelping has been the most incredible platform for us to launch our successful Christmas tree campaign.

“The online booking service allows our supporters to pay a donation in advance of their tree being collected. As well as providing us with all the routing maps of booked trees so our team of local volunteers know exactly where they are going to collect.

“Without this service it would have been incredibly time consuming and costly for us to set up a campaign like this. But through JustHelping, all the donations we receive go directly to patient care in our adult and children’s hospices. Funding such as this allows Trinity Hospice to stay at the leading edge of palliative care, expanding our services and our technology to provide the very best care we can.”

Through JustHelping’s services, Trinity Hospice raised an incredible £11,005.54 in 2018, they chose to keep 90% of the funds for the vital services the hospice provides and use the other 10% to help support other local charities, Streetlife and The Boathouse Youth.

The 2018 collection also had other, unexpected, benefits for the environment. Janet continues: “We were thrilled that, in 2018, a large number of the Christmas trees collected were planted on St Anne’s beach as part of the ongoing sand dunes restoration project. Planting the trees will help reduce the erosion of the dunes that provide a unique habitat for many plants and animals and also act as an effective soft sea defence for the local community. We also recycle the remaining unwanted trees; they are taken to our local recycling centre where they are shredded and sold on as compost.”

We are delighted that Trinity Hospice’s partnership with JustHelping is so beneficial to the hospice and to the local community, and the feeling is mutual, with Janet adding: “I have already recommended JustHelping to other hospices looking to increase their fundraising and launch a Christmas tree collection campaign.”

We know this relationship will go from strength to strength, and we can’t wait to see what a difference the 2019 campaign will make to Trinity Hospice patients.

If you’re a hospice who would like to work with us, we’d love to hear from you.