All Collections

Arthur Rank Hospice, Cambridge

About this Collection

This Christmas tree recycling scheme is run by Arthur Rank Hospice Charity with support from Just Helping, Cambridge City Council, numerous local businesses and members of the community.

The Christmas Tree Recycling Scheme helps to raise vital funds for your local hospice.* Your donation will make a real difference to our patients, who are living with a life limiting illness, and their families.

Did you know?

  • £14 allows us to prepare daily home cooked meals for a patient staying with us.
  • £24 ensures that a family can stay overnight in our apartments, close to their loved one.
  • £30 is the cost to produce a patient’s life story book to remember good times to share with family members.
  • £55 funds a counselling session, supporting a relative to live on after the loss of a loved one.

We would welcome a donation and in exchange we will collect your Christmas tree and take it away to be recycled for you. No hassle, no needles in your car…leave it all to us!

Our team of volunteers will be collecting trees in postcodes on 11 & 12 January 2019

CB1, CB2, CB3, CB4, CB5, CB22, CB23 and CB24 

In order for us to collect your tree please register by 1pm 9 January.

We ask that you put your tree outside the front of your property, where it can be easily seen by our voluntary collection team by 9am Friday 11 January. Due to the vast number of trees we are collecting we cannot specify which date/time we will be collecting your tree.

If you would like to volunteer your time to help with 2018’s collection please see further details at or contact Bec (Community Fundraiser) on 01223 675 885.

On behalf of the staff, volunteers, patients and family members at Arthur Rank Hospice Charity, thank you so much for your support.


*After costs, 90% of the funds raised will go to the hospice and the remaining 10% donated to other local charities.

About the Hospice

Arthur Rank Hospice supports people in Cambridgeshire living with a life-limiting illness and those who need end-of-life care. Services are provided free of charge to patients and their families; the aim is to provide the highest quality care, helping them to make every moment count. 

The Hospice cares for more than 3600 patients each year across the Hospice in Cambridge, the Alan Hudson Day Treatment Centre in Wisbech and in patients’ own homes via the Arthur Rank Community Team. Their specialist and community-based palliative care is timely and compassionate. They support patients with a life-limiting diagnosis to improve their quality of life and fulfil their choices at the end of their lives.  

The care and support provided by the Inpatient Unit, Day Therapy and Hospice at Home teams is practical, holistic and tailored to the individual. Programmes may include psychological support, physiotherapy, complementary therapy, occupational therapy, rehabilitative support, counselling, bereavement and spiritual support. Outpatient services such as medical and pain clinics, as well as our lymphoedema service, are based in the Bradbury Wellness Centre at the Hospice.

As experts in their field, the Hospice is passionate about sharing its specialist knowledge and continuing to raise the standard of palliative and end-of-life care across the region, running a variety of courses for healthcare professionals.

As a charity, the Hospice needs to secure £8.1 million every year to deliver its services free of charge to patients and their loved ones. About half of this currently comes from statutory sources, with further funds raised by the Bistro, Education and Conference Centre and Hair and Nail Salon. The Hospice is hugely grateful to its local community, which contributes the remainder by raising funds in a number of ways, including: donating to the Hospice’s shops; participating in events; taking on personal challenges; holding fundraisers; or leaving a gift in their Will. 

The Hospice is always looking for new ways to raise funds so that it can continue to provide and develop its vital services long into the future.

For further information, please visit  and follow our latest news and stories on InstagramTwitter and on Facebook.

Image Gallery

Sponsors and Supporters